Black Tusk Studios is located in the trendy Yaletown district in downtown Vancouver, Canada. We are just steps from restaurants, nightlife, shopping, BC Place Stadium, Rogers Arena, and the Vancouver Public Library. Also nearby are numerous transportation options, such as Skytrain stations and several bus routes.
Our studio spans the top two floors of a building shared with BigPark Studios and includes an open team environment, common social areas, gaming rooms, and an outdoor deck with BBQ. We also have access to a fully outfitted gym, Starbucks coffee machines, an array of free sodas (healthy ones too!), and fresh fruit every day.
Black Tusk has assembled a team of seasoned game industry veterans who are united in their passion to create emotionally engaging AAA gaming experiences.
We hire the best talent from Vancouver and around the world, and our global recruiting effort is reflected in the diversity of cultures and backgrounds on our team.
Our people are talented, creative, fun-loving professionals with a desire to be part of something big. Something really big.
Culture is ultimately about shared beliefs. So here are some of the things we believe:
- We believe that the best teams operate with a seamless web of mutual trust. What does that mean?
- It means everyone shares a common goal, and puts that goal ahead of everything else. So we look for people who will always put the team and the game first.
- It means everybody does what they say they will do. Our people take personal ownership, because their work is a personal expression of who they are.
- We believe that you can't win if you don't have fire in the belly. Making hit games is hard. You have to be willing to go through walls to succeed. We are driven and hungry.
- We believe in challenging the status quo. Whether its pushing the limits of technology, improving our processes, or busting expectations about what's possible in a game, our people love to experiment, innovate, and learn.
- Finally, we believe that fun games can only come from teams that are having fun! We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Being a first-party studio at Microsoft means having both the mandate and the opportunity to think and act big. All of Microsoft’s studios share the same commitment to innovation and quality, along with support from a world-class global marketing, sales, and distribution organization.
As part of the Microsoft Studios family, Black Tusk is able to leverage resources, technology, and experience from other first-party studios such as 343 Industries, Turn 10 Studios, Rare Ltd., Lionhead Studios, Mojang, BigPark Studios and Twisted Pixel Games. We also collaborate closely with the teams that make Microsoft's devices and services, such as Xbox One, Xbox LIVE, Windows 10 and Azure.